Friday, December 7, 2012

Habitat for Humanity

Volunteering


Volunteering for Habitat of Humanity was a great experience, not only the fact that it is for a great cause; to help people with low income to build their own houses, it was a hands-on experience which made me think of the other side of deign. All the construction that goes with it. It was fun to cut drywall and to learn how to put up. All the insulation and what it does to the house, very energy efficient.  
  One thing that caught me by surprise was the passion that the people in charge they put into this houses. They strive to make those places a home, and not just a simple house with walls and a roof. Taking a concept and carrying it throughout the entire design was pleasantly surprising, from rounded arches in the living spaces, to curved beams on the outside and a curved fan door. I have to say this is not very usual, I have volunteered before for habitat of humanity, yet I did not see the same passion.
Overall I feel very fortunate since I got to learn from people who care and are passionate about what that they do. That inspires me to keep fighting for what I want. At the end all that matters is whether I am happy with what I do, and that is something that shows on people.   

No comments:

Post a Comment