Monday, October 8, 2012

Urban Sketchers/Seattle

During the Seattle study tour, we had the opportunity to sketch with Seattle’s urban sketchers at Seattle’s sculpture park. This opportunity allowed me to keep improving my sketching skills from live which can be a little tricky for me, and what best way to keep learning then to have the urban sketchers around us. I spoke to one of them, and her sketches were amazing, as I approached her in astonishment, she kindly told me that all it take is practice and learning to see things around us, which after analyzing made me realize this is very true. When sketching, we need to observe and record what we see, hence learning to see the world around us, this means noticing shapes, color, shadows, surroundings, texture, little things that we take for granted.


This is my sketch at the sculpture park, and i have to say that I am very proud of it, as one of the sketchers told me is all about learning how to see things, and I payed attention to my surroundings, then I reallized that the building windows reflect other structures.

 
This is the view I sketched from live in the Sculpture Park,. People kept moving around, and that is why I did not draw them in my final sketch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment